Information we collect and how we use it
OfficeSpace collects only the information we need to provide our Services. The information we collect includes names, email addresses and other contact information so that we can provision your account and provide the Services. OfficeSpace Customers upload their information to our service (“Customer Data”) for purposes of receiving the Services. OfficeSpace Customers control their own instances of their Subscription Service and choose what Customer Data to submit to OfficeSpace while using the Services. Customer Data might include information about your employees (e.g., names, email addresses, titles).
OfficeSpace uses Customer Data to provide the Services in accordance with OfficeSpace Customers’ instructions pursuant to their signed agreements with OfficeSpace.
OfficeSpace also receives personal data when OfficeSpace Customers communicate with us directly, for example by email or when a support request is made (“Other Data”). OfficeSpace uses Other Data in furtherance of our legitimate interests in providing our customers with our Services, including responding to support requests and sending other types of communications, and for billing, account management and administrative matters.
OfficeSpace also collects information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as internet protocol addresses, browser types, language preferences, time zones, referring URLs, dates and times of access, operating systems, mobile device manufacturers and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites and to optimize the experiences of our Customers and website visitors.
Data processing commitments and our DPA
OfficeSpace undertakes certain obligations with regard to the protection of the data of OfficeSpace Customers. These include:
- Processing Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services contracted under your Subscription Services Agreement.
- Ensuring that anyone who has access to Customer Data is contractually or statutorily committed to maintaining its confidentiality.
- Implementing appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to ensure the protection of Customer Data.
- Promptly notifying you in case of any event which might compromise the security of your Customer Data.
- Promptly complying with your requests to correct, transfer or remove Customer Data in order to comply with your responsibilities under the applicable data protection law.
- Removing all of your Customer Data from OfficeSpace once your Services are completed.
This statement is only provided to illustrate OfficeSpace’s commitment to our Customers and does not constitute a binding agreement. If you wish to enter into our Data Processing Addendum, which will then be incorporated into your contract with OfficeSpace Software, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OfficeSpace retains Customer Data as long as retention is required to provide the Services and otherwise in accordance with applicable law. OfficeSpace will delete Customer Data when the Services are terminated in accordance with its standard data deletion practices.
OfficeSpace may occasionally send notification emails to OfficeSpace Customers containing updates to our product, legal documents, customer support offers or marketing emails. Except for cases where we are required to do so by law, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from receiving those messages.
We will never sell, exchange or distribute our customers’ information and we never use it to send Unsolicited Commercial Electronic Mail or SPAM email.
Legal bases for processing (for individuals in the European Economic Area)
If you are an individual in the EEA, we collect and process information about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”. OfficeSpace will only process your information if:
- We need to do so in order to provide you with our Subscription Services;
- If it satisfies a legitimate interest, like for research, development or marketing, and that interest is not overridden by your data protection interests;
- If you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; and
- If we need to in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- If you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, you can change your mind at any time.
Information sharing and disclosure
- Customer Instructions: OfficeSpace will only share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with OfficeSpace Customers’ instructions, including any applicable terms in OfficeSpace Customers’ Subscription Services Agreement, and in compliance with applicable law.
- Consent: OfficeSpace may share Other Data with third parties if we have the consent of the data subject to do so.
- Legal compliance: If OfficeSpace receives a request for information from a legal authority or regulatory agency, we may disclose Other Data if we reasonably believe the disclosure is in accordance with our legal obligations.
Changes and contact information
OfficeSpace Software uses certain subprocessors to assist it in providing Services to you under your Subscription Services Agreement. A subprocessor is a third-party data processor that may have access to Customer Data in the course of performing its functions for OfficeSpace, as detailed further below. OfficeSpace evaluates the security, privacy and confidentiality practices of all subprocessors that may have access to Customer Data using a commercially reasonable selection process, and requires all subprocessors to commit to contractual obligations equivalent to those that OfficeSpace itself is required to uphold.
|Subprocessor||Location of Data||Purpose|
|Box, Inc.||United States||Secure information exchange|
|BugSnag||United States||Quality Assurance|
|Capsule||EU||CRM and customer support|
|DocuSign, Inc.||United States||Customer contracts|
|Google, Inc.||United States||Cloud hosting, email, and productivity tools|
|HubSpot||United States||CRM and sales|
|MailChimp||United States||Cloud-based email notification services|
|Mailgun||United States||Cloud-based email notification services|
|Microsoft||United States||Productivity tools|
|OfficeSpace Software Canada||Canada||Customer support|
|OfficeSpace Software CR SRL||Costa Rica||Customer support|
|Zendesk||United States||Customer support|
OfficeSpace requests from all customers an email address to use for privacy-related notifications.
How we protect and transfer your information
Customers from all over the world subscribe to OfficeSpace’s services, and we collect and store their information in the United States. We share your information with our affiliates in order to better serve you. If we transfer information originating in the European Union to another country, we do so in accordance with applicable EU data protection laws. That means that that your information will only be sent to another country if the EU has deemed that country to have an adequate level of data protection, or if the recipient is bound by their own legal commitment to data protection. That legal commitment may include signing the EU Model Contract Clauses, binding corporate rules, certification under the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, or other appropriate legal means to safeguard information transfers.
Controlling your information
If OfficeSpace holds your personal data, you have the right:
- To review the information you gave us;
- To request that we correct any errors or omissions in your information;
- To request that we do not contact you using your information’
- To request that we omit your information from any mailing lists we use; and
- To request that you be deleted from our records.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us at email@example.com. To the extent OfficeSpace is acting as a controller of your information, where your personal data has been collected through email communication, requests in your Help Center or other direct means (“Other Data”), we will respond to your request to exercise your rights within a reasonable time frame. To the extent OfficeSpace holds your personal data in its role as a processor of Customer Data on behalf of the data controller, an OfficeSpace Customer, your request will be forwarded onto the data controller.
OfficeSpace Software’s services are not directed towards children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under sixteen. If we become aware that a child under sixteen has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete it.
Your information is controlled by OfficeSpace Software Inc. If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiries to us at:
OfficeSpace Software Inc.
228 Park Ave. #39903
New York, NY 10003